Infant's Weebit-Infant's from Simple - Shoes for a Happy Planet
- I have hemp uppers with certified organic cotton knit lining
- I have recycled PET and latex elastic
- I have a deco piggie that is made from wool felt
- I am one of the finest sustainable shoes, perfect for the little one in your life
- I have a screened Green Piggies logo on my outsole for better traction
- I have 100% post consumer paper pulp foot forms
- I ship in a state of the art/back to the future post consumer recycled box it looks like a truck. No, really. BEEP BEEP!
- I am part of the BEST category from Simple Shoes
The bottom of these shoes used to be tires that rolled around on an axle that was connected to a car. Given the inherent nature of use like this, some of the shoe bottoms (i.e. tires) are marked up a little. Sure, we buff them out and put them on the bottom of the shoes, but they still show wear. If you get them and you decide you can't deal with the past life of that particular car tire, we'll take them back, as long as they are in new and unworn condition.
These shoes contain:
- Recycled Plastics (PET) is the abbreviation of polyethylene terephthalate, which is really just a fancy-pants word for clear plastic that comes from soda and water bottles. We use PET to make some of our shoelaces and as the wrapping around the latex elastic we use in some of our shoes.
- Organic Cotton is cotton that is grown from seeds that have not been genetically modified and have been grown without the use of herbicides, pesticides, or chemical fertilizers that has been certified by a third party. We use organic cotton for lots of reasons. For one, we like the idea that the cotton that is being used in our shoes has a lineage that extends back as far as you can imagine. With all of the genetically modified plants that are popping up here and there, it's nice to know someone in a white coat hasn't been tinkering with a seed to make it more drought or pest resistant. Secondly, we like that the cotton hasn't been exposed to any herbicides, pesticides, or synthetic fertilizers. Call us crazy, but when you think about the way Nicorette works, it's scary to think about how some pesticide could be leeching into your skin. Third, we like that the people who grow and pick the cotton aren't being exposed to those same chemicals - in turn, we also like that these same chemicals aren't depositing themselves in the water table. Imagine if more people gave the idea thought... By supporting farmers that have decided to make this switch, you are helping to ensure that this thriving organic community will see that there is profit in organic. It's worth it!
- Hemp is a plant that grows like a weed all over the world. While it is illegal to grow in the United States (even though you can't smoke it!), it is one of the most durable, breathable, and heat retaining fibers in the world. Many farmers in China plant Hemp around the perimeter of their fields since it acts like a natural pest repellant. And because of this, most hemp is not treated with any pesticides or herbicides. We use hemp in our sneakers because it is soft, keeps your feet cool on warm days and warm on the colder ones, and also because it is breathable... the perfect mix of qualities for something you put on your foot.
size 1 for 0-6 months
size 2 for 6-12 months
size 3 for 12-18 months
Simple shoes are warranted to provide normal wear and be free from defective materials or faulty manufacturing for one year from confirmed date of purchase. Any products beyond one year will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Returns or exchanges are permitted, provided it is within 30 days of the original invoice date. Shoes must be free of wear and tear and must be thoroughly cleaned so that all dirt and debris is removed. Dirty shoes will be returned to you, without evaluation.